This Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner Program from United States University is grounded in a Caring Science model to teach a theoretical and evidenced-based practice of nursing. Students will learn how to implement best practices for promoting and managing the health of individuals, families, and communities. The Program provides the opportunity to be mentored as FNPs with distinctive populations in a variety of settings and communities.
Graduates that earn an MSN-FNP degree are eligible to apply to the California Board of Registered Nursing for a Nurse Practitioner. As of 2020, the California Board of nursing accepts three methods for application for NP licensure.
All nurse practitioners must have a furnishing number to write prescriptions in California. Applications for furnishing numbers may be submitted at the time of nursing application. Per the California Code of Regulations, eligibility for Nurse Practitioner certification requires the possession of an active California registered nurse (RN) license.
- Method One: California-Based Nurse Practitioner Education Program
- Method Two: Non-California Based Nurse Practitioner Education Program.
- Method Three: Equivalency
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Transitions In Practice; The Role Of The Advanced Practice Nurse
- Theoretical Foundations Of Advanced Practice Nursing
- Evidence Based Inquiry For Scholarship And Practice
- Nursing Leadership And Health Policy
- Evidence-based Capstone Project
- Advanced Pathophysiology Across The Lifespan
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Prospective students should submit their application and all required documentation at least one week prior to the session of intended enrollment.
DisciplinesManagement Studies Nursing Health Sciences View 1833 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Applicants seeking admission into a Master of Science in Nursing program must have earned a Bachelor of Science Degree or higher in Nursing from a Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE); Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN); National League for Nursing Accreditation Commission (NLNAC); or National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (CNEA) with a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Applicants with foreign credentials must have coursework evaluated for equivalency by a member with NACES or AICE to that of a baccalaureate degree in nursing or higher.
International13440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 560 USD per credit during 24 months.
National13440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 560 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Mission Viejo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.