Our lectures are organised in block release, in conjunction with compulsory clinical placements so that you can take the course while still working. In accordance with accepted good practice, the course integrates theory with practice, meaning that you will perform diagnostic ultrasound examinations as you learn.
- Expert outside speakers contribute extensively to the course.
- Located in the heart of London and part of the Faculty of Life Sciences & Medicine, the course attracts students from a variety of disciplines.
- Practice focused: you will develop and apply diagnostic ultrasound imaging skills in your own clinical training placement.
- Substantial student-tutor contact time supplemented by e-learning.
Career prospectsThe majority of graduates of the Medical Ultrasound course at King's College London go on to work as a sonographer or ultrasound practitioner in the NHS or the Independent Sector and become advanced and consultant practitioners. Others use ultrasound scanning proficiency as part of their clinical examination of patients.
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- General Medical Ultrasound
- Negotiated Learning in Medical Ultrasound
- Negotiated Learning with Clinical Proficiency in Medical Ultrasound
- 27 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiotechnology Health Sciences View 1244 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- Bachelor's degree with 2:2 honours or equivalent in a life science, radiography, nursing or medicine. All applicants must have written confirmation of a suitable clinical training placement. Those with full SVT accreditation may be exempt from the first year.
- Qualified sonographers may take the Vascular Ultrasound module as a stand-alone module. Entry is subject to satisfactory references and interview.
- A personal statement of up to 4,000 characters (maximum 2 pages) is required.
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing the subjects studied and marks obtained.
- Two references are required with at least one academic.
- Applicants may wish to include a CV (Resume).
International8500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8500 GBP per year and a duration of 27 months.
EU/EEA4100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4100 GBP per year and a duration of 27 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.