The objective of this Master in Urban Planning and Development from Paris-Sorbonne University Abu Dhabi is to educate students about the role of planners and their ecological and socio-economic impact. Students will study the comprehensive policies and planning tools that affect the way urban planners strategically link the complex mapping requirements of cities and regions, including budget, legalities, availability of infrastructure and land, as well as aesthetic and visual choices.
Throughout their education, students will study comprehensive policies, planning tools, and technological advances including Geographic Information Systems, ways in which to maximise space and how to merge form with function. Students will also learn to organise metropolitan areas based on thematic and specialised specifications.
A number of key modules are taught throughout the programme, including UAE urban planning law, public space planning, real estate, tourism planning, transport, architecture, heritage and landscaping, amongst others.
There are abundant rewarding career opportunities on a regional and global scale for graduates of the Urban and Regional Planning programme. Graduates enter promising careers with engineering and design consultancy firms, urban or rural developers, real estate agencies, government enterprises involved with urban affairs, environmental management, community development and research agencies amongst others.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History of Urban Planning
- Architectural History
- Urban Sociology
- Urban Engineering
- Urban Design
- Politic and Urban Planning
- Planning for Real
- Transport and Urban Planning
- Risks management and Urbanisation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction International Development Urban Planning View 11 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Arab Emirates
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A recognised bachelor degree earned in a discipline appropriate for the prospective graduate degree. Sorbonne Abu Dhabi doesn’t normally accept average grades that are below 12/20 or 3.0/4.0 or equivalent for the first year (M1). Candidates are required to have a minimum average of 12/20 or 3.0 /4.0 or equivalent for admission to the M2 degree level
- An English language proficiency (written and oral) test with a minimum EmSAT – English score of 1400 or a minimum TOEFL score of 550 (213 CBT, 79-80 iBT) or a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 or City & Guilds IESOL B2.
International22670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 45341 USD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
National22672 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 45344 USD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.