Through the Game Art and Animation program at Seneca College you will learn modelling, lighting, texturing, animation, scene staging, art direction and production management. Your learning will be further advanced by using industry-relevant techniques taught by professors with years of industry experience. With high-end computer hardware and software, you will learn to use tools used to develop game art and incorporate it into real-time environments.
Throughout this program you will develop the following skills:
When you graduate from this program, these are the types of career options that you can explore:
- Texture artist
- Prop artist
- Lighting artist
- Level builder
- Level designer
You may also decide to pursue a role in production management as you will learn how a production pipeline works within AAA game studios.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Digital Sculpting
- Look Development
- Level and Environment Design and Modeling
- Game Engine Production
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 8 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before
Seneca offers admission to students up to the first day of classes. However, applications will not be accepted once a program becomes full. Therefore, it is recommended that you apply soon.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Graphic Design Video Games & Animation View 16 other Masters in Video Games & Animation in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Ontario university or college degree or college diploma or equivalent in fine art, 2D/3D animation, photography, film/video, architecture or graphic design.Applicants with an equivalent combination of partial postsecondary or related work experience may be considered for admission. A relevant resumé and references must be provided.
- Art portfolio
- English proficiency for graduate certificates
- digital art (drawing, painting, illustration)
- traditional art (drawing, painting, illustration)
- 3D art that can include modeling, texturing, rigging, animation, lighting, compositing
- game design process (character and/or level design, playable demos)
- concept art for characters and/or environments
- video compositing and/or motion graphics
Your portfolio should include at least 10 original examples of two or more of the following mediums:
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25101 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25101 CAD per year during 8 months.
National10079 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10079 CAD per year during 8 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.