This Master in International Business Law from Paris-Sorbonne University Abu Dhabi will provide a substantial analysis of business issues and the regulation of trade in goods, services and capital, including arbitration, finance, comparative law and competition law, amongst others.
The programme aims to provide students with a comprehensive insight into international business practices, enabling them to understand and respond to legal challenges on a global scale. The world of business today requires trained experts with legal principles and the most varied forms of governance. Traditional legal systems are becoming gradually complex, owing to rapid globalisation, which demands proficient lawyers with an international perspective.
The first year of the curriculum focuses on the integral aspects of business law, including corporate law, international tax law, banking law, intellectual property, international trade law and the European market. The second year focuses on the interplay of economic, financial and social forces.
Students will master legal reasoning and hone their abilities of sustaining a debate, as well as refine public speaking, evaluation, negotiation and decision-making skills. Students will also sharpen their expertise in litigation; particularly skills related to international arbitration proceedings.
Employment opportunities within the government, political, media, and business law fields are lucrative and competitive as graduates with a specialisation in International Business Law are highly sought after. For emerging and experienced professionals, career prospects are remarkably high with job opportunities in senior positions in government, legal, and diplomatic institutions, NGOs, legal advisors in the private sector or as consultants for major multinational corporations.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Company Law
- Advanced Contract Law
- Specialisation Courses Insolvency Law
- Law of the EU Internal Market
- Additional Courses Comparative Law
- International and EU Tax Law
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Law International Business View 23 other Masters in International Business in United Arab Emirates
- A recognised bachelor degree earned in a discipline appropriate for the prospective graduate degree. Sorbonne Abu Dhabi doesn’t normally accept average grades that are below 12/20 or 3.0/4.0 or equivalent for the first year (M1). Candidates are required to have a minimum average of 12/20 or 3.0 /4.0 or equivalent for admission to the M2 degree level
- An English language proficiency (written and oral) test with a minimum EmSAT – English score of 1400 or a minimum TOEFL score of 550 (213 CBT, 79-80 iBT) or a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 or City & Guilds IESOL B2.
International22672 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 45344 USD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
National22672 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 45344 USD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.