The Master in Banking and Finance - Law and Regulations of Banking and Financial Systems from Paris-Sorbonne University Abu Dhabi will introduce the theoretical models of economics, pricing securities, capital markets and treasury management at both the microeconomic and macroeconomic levels, and their respective impact on policy issues in order to give students a well-rounded, comprehensive analysis of the core frameworks impacting the banking and finance sector. The course structure is designed to ensure that students will emerge as skillful thinkers and problem solvers with strong communication, negotiation and decision-making abilities.
From the first year, students will choose a specialisation in either economics or law, based on their career interests. A specialisation in economics focuses on financial analysis and strategy, global management of companies, and fiscal management, in addition to a variety of other topics. Meanwhile, a specialisation in law introduces modules such as private international law, corporate law, environmental law, European business law and banking law, amongst an array of other legal disciplines. In the final year, all students study the same courses that aim to consolidate the learnings gained during the first year.
Employment in the financial sector is notably competitive and graduates with a specialisation in Banking and Finance are highly sought after. For emerging and experienced finance professionals, career prospects are remarkably high and vary from senior positions in investment and commercial banking, asset management, risk management, financial services and consultancy or positions in multinational companies.
For fresh graduates, student career options include opportunities working as a financial analyst or a consultant in multinational corporations, investment houses and brokerage firms and supervisory roles in public utility companies, regulatory agencies and federal government agencies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Financial Analysis and Strategy Financial Analysis and Strategy
- Management Management and Strategy, Project
- Introduction to Research Introduction to Research
- Professional Competencies Job-Oriented Career Course, Business
- English 1, Professional Software
- Quantitative Methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Legal Studies View 25 other Masters in Finance in United Arab Emirates
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A recognised bachelor degree earned in a discipline appropriate for the prospective graduate degree. Sorbonne Abu Dhabi doesn’t normally accept average grades that are below 12/20 or 3.0/4.0 or equivalent for the first year (M1). Candidates are required to have a minimum average of 12/20 or 3.0 /4.0 or equivalent for admission to the M2 degree level
- An English language proficiency (written and oral) test with a minimum EmSAT – English score of 1400 or a minimum TOEFL score of 550 (213 CBT, 79-80 iBT) or a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 or City & Guilds IESOL B2.
International22672 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 45344 USD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
National22672 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 45344 USD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.