TheMaster of Arts in Sociology at University of Johannesburg consists in three components: Theory coursework, Methodology coursework, and a minor-dissertation. Students are expected to identify themes for their theory essays and for their methodology assignments that relate to either Sociology or Industrial Sociology, depending on the degree that they have elected.
The coursework MA is comprised of the following modules:
- Advanced Theory or SIA – 25% of the final mark
- Methodology module 1 and 2 – 25% of the final mark
- Mini-dissertation – 50% of the final mark
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Theory or SIA
- Methodology module 1 and 2
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Sociology View 28 other Masters in Sociology in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admission will be considered for a student who is in possession of a university-based Honours qualification in Sociology/ Industrial Sociology on NQF Level 7.
- If a student does not comply with the requirements mentioned above, admission may be granted by the Dean of the Faculty, at the recommendation of the Chairperson of the Department.
International851 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 851 EUR per year during 24 months.
R14,634 – R171,158
Living costs for Johannesburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.