The Master of Arts in Sociology (CW) at University of Johannesburg candidate should successfully complete the advanced course in Social Theory, the advanced course in Social Research Methodology, and complete research and write a minor dissertation on an approved, relevant topic.
The specialist research and publication areas of these academic staff members are:
- Social identity, including Class, Race, Gender, Sexual orientation, Age
- Sociology of work, Labour studies, Organisations
- Political sociology, Citizenship, Biopolitics, and Social protection
- Gender, Family, Sexuality, Masculinity, and Health
- Clinical Sociology, Group dynamics, Whistleblowing
- South African Sociology and Higher education
- Bourdieu's capitals
- Research methodology
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Sociological Theory
- Advanced Research Methodology
- Minor dissertation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesSociology View 23 other Masters in Sociology in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Admission will be considered for a student who is in possession of a university based Honours qualification in Sociology/Industrial Sociology on NQF Level 7. If a student does not comply with the requirements mentioned above, admission may be granted by the Dean of the Faculty, at the recommendation of the Chairperson of the Department.
International890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 890 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
R14,634 – R171,158
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.