This master program is dedicated to the study of both General Relativity, Quantum Field Theory and, in addition, the study of advanced computational methods. The courses studied at this program offer the opportunity for combining both analytical and computational skills of the students and help them to develop research careers in many areas of physics and closed related domains.
After completing the master's degree program "Astrophysics, elementary particles and computational physics", the graduates will reach:
- have substantial knowledge of general physics (advanced in certain fields), good mathematical competence and knowledge in advanced areas such as computer use;
- to gain a first research experience in a chosen field of physics, through a supervised project (dissertation);
- be familiar with contemporary research in fundamental physics and astrophysics;
- Complements of Theoretical Physics
- Complements of Solid State Physics
- Complements of Atomic and Molecular Physics
- Ethics and academic integrity. Methodology of scientific work
- Stellar astrophysics
- Computational methods in astrophysics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at West University of Timisoara and/or in Romania, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Application Form
- The studies documents
- Birth certificate (legally certified copy and translation)
- Copy of the passport
- Medical certificate
- Marriage license
- Copy of the document attesting the residency abroad
- Copy of the language certificate
- Complete contact form
- Copy of receipt for 75 EURO
International815 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 815 EUR per year during 24 months.
- 4000 lei
- The scholarships are offered to foreign citizens from countries that are not members of the European Union, for undergraduate and postgraduate studies.
Living costs for Timisoara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The scholarship consists of:
- Free-of-charge tuition,
- Free-of-charge accommodation (depending on availability, accommodation will be offered free of charge in students halls of residence, in keeping with the higher education regulations and within
- the limits of the sums available for this purpose)
Financial support - a monthly amount representing:
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 65 EURO per month, for undergraduate students (1st cycle),
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 75 EURO per month, for post-graduate students (master degrees and specialization) 2nd cycle,
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 85 EURO per month, for postgraduate students (doctorate degree) 3rd cycle.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.