As an inherently interdisciplinary and flexible programme, the Master of Arts in Communication Studies at University of Johannesburg intersects a multiplicity of fields and areas in the humanities and social sciences and offers an opportunity to explore their complementarity and interconnectedness.
This qualification allows students to:
- research a relevant and pertinent topic
- produce a written research dissertation, under the constructive supervision of a senior researcher in the department.
The focus of the dissertation is based on the proposal submitted by the student and decided upon jointly with the supervisor(s).
- Dissertation: Communication Studies
- Minor Dissertation: Communication and
- Research Methodology 2
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Studies View 7 other Masters in Communication Studies in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The admission requirements are specified by the general university entrance requirements, not excluding the discretion of the Postgraduate Admission Committee or the Head of the Department.
International851 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 851 EUR per year during 24 months.
R14,634 – R171,158
Living costs for Johannesburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.