EE Department was formed by merging the then existing Electrical Engineering and Electronics Engineering departments in 1969-70. Prior to this the degree programme in Electrical Engineering was started way back in 1946 when Birla College of Engineering was established and Master’s programme leading to the degree of M.Sc. (Tech) Electronics was offered in the year 1955.The institute restructured the M.E. programmes in the year 1988-89 with programme in Electronics & Control and programme degree in Microelectronics. The Department at the Birla Institute of Technology and Science has also introduced M.E. programmes in Communication Engineering, Embedded Systems and Electrical-Power Electronics and Drives.
These Departments have earned a very high reputation in the country for the various degree programmes offered and also have established collaborative linkages with many institutions in the country and also with some of the universities abroad. The Government of India has also established a Technology Business Incubator Cell in the area of Microelectronics and Embedded System at the Institute with the active involvement of the faculty members of the Departments. The Department is striving to become a center of excellence in the field of Microelectronics, VLSI & related emerging areas by producing professionals who excel in Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Creativity and Management.
The Department of Electrical & Electronics/Instrumentation carries out research in areas such as Microelectronics and VLSI Design, Embedded systems, Power electronics and drives etc..
- IC Fabrication Technology
- VLSI Design
- Physics and Modelling Of Microelectronic Devices
- Analog IC Design
- CAD for IC Design
- Research Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology Energy & Power Engineering View 11 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in United Arab Emirates
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Online Application procedure
- Copy of 10th class mark sheet / certificate for date of birth .
- Copy of the transcript and degree of Qualifying Examination,such as B.E /
- Tech or its equivalent. If the degree copy is not available, at the time of applying, fax /email this as soon as the same is available. If the transcript is not available, Mark sheets of all semesters / years of the qualifying degree should be submitted.
- Copy of the ID for U.A.E Nationals. For candidates with other nationalities, passport copy (first 3 pages and last page), and U.A.E visa page if holding U.A.E. residence visa. Candidates , who do not possess a valid passport at the time of applying, must enclose a declaration along with the Application, that they will fax the required Passport pages on or before the last date. word statement of purpose describing what you propose to achieve by doing this programme and your ultimate goal.
- Application Fee of 220 AED (60$)
International8712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4356 USD per semester during 24 months.
National8712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4356 USD per semester during 24 months.
- AED. 16,000 per semester
Living costs for Dubai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.