Why to study
As well, the Sociology department at the University of Regina maintains a commitment to a strong interdisciplinary social science program which can draw on the resources of other departments and academic areas.
The department offers a graduate program leading to the MA degree in Sociology or in Social Studies. Successful applicants for entrance to the Master's program will be advised and supervised in their work by a committee of faculty.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Advanced Sociological Theory
- Advanced Research Methods
- Advanced Studies in Canadian Social Theory
- Seminar on Class and Political Economy
- Seminar on Development and the Environment
- Seminar on Development and Underdevelopment
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesSociology View 77 other Masters in Sociology in Canada
- A four-year bachelor’s degree for entrance to a master’s program
- International applicants should consult the website regarding acceptable standards for admission, and are encouraged to submit the results of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE), especially the score for the subject test in the discipline being sought.
- A completed on-line Application Form
- Reference Forms
- A Resume and Personal Statement of Interest outlining one’s purpose in applying to graduate studies.
- Fee: A non-refundable fee of $100 (Cdn funds) for ALL domestic and international applicants (subject to change) is to be paid on-line with the on-line application.
- Test Scores
International1714 CAD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1714 CAD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National522 CAD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 522 CAD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.