BSN to Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Executive Track from Chatham University allows the student to complete two graduate degrees in 56 credits. The MSN component prepares the student for nursing leadership roles and the DNP component has the student develop, complete and evaluate an executive level project to demonstrate the knowledge and skills of the terminal nursing degree. A total of 1000 practice experience hours will be obtained.
Chatham offers a 20% tuition reduction through its partnership with selected employers, plus the AfterCollege/AACN Scholarship program supports students who are seeking a baccalaureate, masters or doctoral degree in nursing with eight $2,500 scholarships awarded throughout the year. A free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form must be completed and on file to be considered for the scholarship.
- Scientific Underpinnings for Practice
- Introduction to Organizational Leadership in Nursing
- Health Assessment and Promotion Across the Lifespan
- Ethics and Public Policy in Healthcare Delivery
- Communication and Collaboration for Health Care Leadership
- Structure & App of Contemporary Nursing Knowledge
- Developing Evidence-Based Practice
- Quality Improvement in Health Care
- Advancing Practice: Scholarship and Grant Writing
- Capstone Experience
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing View 782 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Completed free online application.
- Copy of official transcripts of all completed college level coursework from all schools attended with proof of completion of an BSN degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Proof of active, unencumbered RN license in your state
- Current résumé/curriculum vitae
- Admissions essay (to be mailed or emailed as a Word document):
- Describe a potential clinical problem that you could impact as a nurse executive using evidence-based intervention(s).
- Interviews may be requested (to be held in person, over the phone, or via Skype)
- Two professional letters of reference
International798 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 798 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National798 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 798 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.