Why to study
The Kinesiology and Health Studies program at the University of Regina offers students the opportunity to critically examine issues within the areas of health, exercise sciences, social science of physical activity and recreation, adapted physical activity, sport management and recreation and leisure studies.
When applying to the program, applicants must include a statement indicating (a) their rationale for pursuing graduate studies, (b) which of the following four general areas they would like to be considered for admission into (Bio-Sciences in Sport, Exercise, and Health; Humanities and Social Sciences in Sport, Leisure, Exercise and Health; Management in Sport, Leisure, Exercise, and Health; Health Studies) and (c) a description of the specific area/topic their thesis research will likely focus on. Additionally, prior to submitting application, potential students should have contacted a prospective
supervisor(s) in the faculty and discussed the possibility of engaging in graduate study under his/her direction. A synopsis of those discussions should be included with the application.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Graduate Research Seminar in Kinesiology and Health Studies
- Statistics in Kinesiology & Health Research
- Qualitative Research Methods and Experience in Kinesiology and Heath
- Research Design and Methods in Kinesiology and Applied Health Sciences
- Directed Readings in Biomechanics
- Special Topics in Biomechanics
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Management Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 11 other Masters in Sports Management in Canada
- A four-year bachelor’s degree for entrance to a master’s program
- International applicants should consult the website regarding acceptable standards for admission, and are encouraged to submit the results of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE), especially the score for the subject test in the discipline being sought. English Proficiency Tests
- A completed on-line Application Form
- Reference Forms
- A Resume and Personal Statement of Interest outlining one’s purpose in applying to graduate studies.
- Fee: A non-refundable fee of $100 (Cdn funds) for ALL domestic and international applicants (subject to change) is to be paid on-line with the on-line application.
- Test Scores
International45870 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1529 CAD per credit during 18 months.
National10110 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 337 CAD per credit during 18 months.
Living costs for Regina
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.