About Psychological and Quantitative Foundations at The University of Iowa
The Master of Arts program in psychological and quantitative foundations with an educational measurement and statistics subprogram requires a minimum of 30 s.h. of graduate credit with thesis and 32 s.h. of graduate credit without thesis. Students are expected to maintain a cumulative g.p.a. of at least 2.75.
The program provides students with basic knowledge of educational measurement and research methodology. Graduates find employment in large school systems, state departments of education, test publishing organizations, and research centers. The program also is appropriate for students who wish to broaden their knowledge of measurement and research methodology for personal development or professional improvement.
Students must complete a core of courses (approximately 26 s.h.) that includes a graduate-level survey course in educational psychology, elementary and intermediate courses in statistical methods, a course in quantitative educational research methodology, and courses in the development and use of evaluation instruments. Students who already have completed equivalent courses at another institution may add more advanced courses to the core.
- Couple and Family Therapy
- Counseling and Skills
- Health and Wellness Counseling Psychology
- Assessment and Diagnosis
- Multicultural Counseling
- Design of Experiments
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
32 without thesis
DisciplinesPsychology Organisational Behaviour Cognitive Sciences View 173 other Masters in Cognitive Sciences in United States
- You must first submit the online application to the Graduate College and pay the $60 application fee by credit card ($100 for international applicants)
- A Department of Sociology Application Statement
- Application for Graduate Awards
- Three letters of recommendation
- A set of your unofficial academic records/transcripts uploaded on your Admissions Profile
- Your official GRE scores from Educational Testing Service
- International students may also be required to submit TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE scores
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement
International31254 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31254 USD per year during 12 months.
National32887 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32887 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State13939 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13939 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Iowa City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.