The English Education from The City University of New York offer experienced and beginning teachers opportunities to develop their classroom practice and to expand their knowledge of English education and the field of education as a whole.
Courses are taught by nationally known scholars, many of whom have had experience teaching at secondary levels. Our programs combine rigorous and rewarding study in literature and composition with intensive study of curriculum, pedagogy, and schools.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Structure/Growth of English Language
- Supervised Student Teaching
- Seminar on Teaching in Secondary Schools
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Languages View 3559 other Masters in Education in United States
- New York State Initial Certification in teaching English for grades 7-12; or courses in education that meet the New York State standards for the pedagogical core.
- an undergraduate degree with a major in English, or appropriate coursework in English;
- an undergraduate major in English, the Content Specialty Test CST, an approved 200 hours preparation program and a position at an approved public school through which students can accrue on-the-job training to substitute for student teaching.
International11090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5545 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National11090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5545 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.