This Master of Arts in Learning and Teaching at the Atlantic Technological University is designed to support the development of learning and teaching within third level, further education, post-primary and primary sectors. A key aspect of the course is the relationship between effective teaching and reflective practice; the imperative to reflect not only on what we should teach, but how effectively we teach.
This course will enable you to critically analyse your own teaching practice, and offer you a variety of pathways to complete a full Masters in learning and teaching.
Every module focuses on critical reflective practice, based on evidence rather than anecdote, and the collection and analysis of evidence is a prominent feature of the programme. It reflects the growing understanding of the central role of assessment and evaluation in learning and teaching and the importance of academic writing and research at every stage of education.
You will have the opportunity to work collaboratively across disciplines swith practitioners from all levels of education, including national and international best practice speakers, and following graduation will have the opportunity to work at every level of education.
The main employers are:
- Primary Education
- Secondary Education
- Third Level Education
- Further Education
Graduate careers typically include:
- Primary School Vice-Principal/Principal
- Secondary School VP/Principal
- Enhancing Learning and Teaching through Creativity and Scholarship
- Technology Enhanced Learning
- Inclusive Curriculum
- Restorative Practice: A Transformative Approach to Teaching & Learning
- Recognition of Prior Learning Special Purpose Award
- Alcohol and other Drugs: Responding to Teachers needs in today’s society
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Teaching View 36 other Masters in Education in Ireland
- The minimum entry requirements are a Level 8 Honours Degree, or equivalent, second class honours (2.2)
- If you don’t have an honours degree but have relevant experience you may also be eligible to apply via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- Applicants should be currently involved in an active teaching role
International5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA2900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5800 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Letterkenny
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.