In addition, all students in the Chemical Engineering program from The City University of New York are required to complete a research project under the supervision of a member of our faculty.
The Mission of the Department of Chemical Engineering at The City College of New York, CUNY is:
- to be a leading urban institution for educating, training, and mentoring students and scholars of diverse backgrounds for industrial, academic, and research careers;
- to create, utilize, and control chemical transformations and processes;
- to develop and advance materials, energy technologies, products, and systems to benefit the environment, New York, the nation, and humanity.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Chemical Thermodynamics
- Advanced Chemical Reaction Engineering
- Mass Transfer
- Foundations of Fluid Mechanics
- Advanced Heat Transfer
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Materials Science & Engineering Chemistry View 372 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United States
- Minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0 (“first class with distinction,” where applicable)
- Minimum TOEFL score, if applicable, of 79 (ibt)*
- Minimum of two letters of recommendation from faculty or supervisors familiar with your academic or professional work
- Personal statement explaining why you are interested in pursuing a Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering.
International26505 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
National26505 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Full-time - $5,545/semester
- Part-time - $470/credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.