The current cycle of studies encompasses a lecturing component, a project unit and a placement/thesis. The latter can include a dissertation of scientific nature or an industrial placement subject to a final report, providing they are original and specifically conceived towards that aim. The curriculum is also designed to stimulate the development of personal skills, nowadays a crucial factor for employability and professional success. The curriculum offers a variety of speciality courses defined based on the demand registered in the last few years.
- The contact of the students with R&D activities and Extension Services of ESB is crucial for developing their capacity of problem-solving and independent thought, offering a clear vision of the professional and education opportunities on the different fields, urging the creativity capabilities. The Applied Microbiology students at Catholic University of Portugal are also offered the possibility for an international mobility experience, which can be framed within the ERASMUS programme, and/or for a professional experience in a company/organization related to their field of studies, broadening their educational profile.
- Microorganisms and Food Safety
- Molecular Microbiology
- Research Methodology – Planning and Data Analysis
- Instrumental Analysis and Laboratory Automatization
- Microbiology and Environmental Quality
- Research Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology Microbiology View 13 other Masters in Biotechnology in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Simple photocopy of identification tax number (or any other fiscal identification document)
- Photocopy of identification tax number (or any other fiscal identification document)
- A photograph
- Declaration, under oath, that the applicant is eligible as "international student"
- Secondary School Diploma with complete list of courses (courses taken and their classification) and final classification*
- Certificate of the marks obtained in the final national secondary school exam (if applicable in the country) *
- Payment of Application Fee (if not admitted the amount is non-refundable)
International4590 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4590 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4590 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4590 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Lisbon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.