This program is designed for students who seek a Master's degree leading to initial The City University of New York certification in teaching Art Education (K-12). Candidates have two advisers: the Graduate Adviser in the Art Department and the Art Education adviser in the School of Education. Candidates are required to enroll in the Education sequence of courses immediately upon entry into the program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Psychological Foundations of Education
- Historical Foundations of Education: A Multicultural Perspective
- Special Needs Education in TESOL and Secondary Settings
- Language and Literacies Acquisition in Secondary Education
- Learning and Teaching Art in Childhood Settings: Grades 1 to 6
- Teaching Art in Middle and High School
- Curriculum, Research and Current Issues in Art Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 3549 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited college or university.
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully pursue graduate study by having attained a minimum grade average of B in the undergraduate record as a whole and an average of B in courses most relevant to the graduate discipline.
- Have earned at least 33 undergraduate credits in Art. This total must include one 3-credit survey course in Art History and 6 additional credits in Art History.
- Each applicant must submit a graduate-level portfolio of recent work consisting of 15-20 digital images in JPEG format that is accompanied by an image script,
- Submit two letters of recommendation from college instructors.
International11090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5545 USD per semester during 12 months.
National11090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5545 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.