The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering stimulates excellence in scholarship and research through close contact with the faculty and programs tailored to fit students' individual needs.
The master degree program in Electrical & Computer Engineering is offered by The University of Iowa. Students select an advisor and, with the advisor, plan an individual program bounded only by the broad guidelines of the Graduate College and the program.
- The engineering profession is a foundation for a variety of careers in industry, medicine, law, government, and consulting. Electrical engineers find employment everywhere smart technology is employed.
- They consistently rank among the most sought after and highest-paid technology professionals. On average, 93-98 percent of graduates are employed in their field of study or pursuing advanced education within seven months of graduation.
- Engineering Professional Development (EPD) develops and promotes experiential education and professional opportunities for students.
- Professional staff coordinate the college's co-op and internship program, engage in employer outreach, and provide opportunities for students to network with employers, including an engineering career fair and other career-development programming each semester.
- EPD also offers individual advising and class presentations on résumé and cover letter preparation, job and internship search strategies, interviewing skills, and job offer evaluation.
More informationVisit official programme website
- High Performance Computer Architecture
- Graph Algorithms and Combinatorial Optimization
- Fundamentals of Software Engineering
- Formal Methods in Software Engineering
- Software Engineering Languages and Tools
- Software Engineering Project
- 11 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Computer Sciences View 320 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You must first submit the online application to the Graduate College and pay the $60 application fee by credit card ($100 for international applicants)
- A résumé
- A statement of purpose
- Application for Graduate Awards
- Three letters of recommendation
- A set of your unofficial academic records/transcripts uploaded on your Admissions Profile. If you are admitted, official transcripts will be required before your enrollment
- Your official GRE scores from Educational Testing Service
- International students may also be required to submit TOEFL scores to comply with the university's English Language Proficiency Requirements
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement
International29026 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29026 USD per year and a duration of 11 months.
National30853 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30853 USD per year and a duration of 11 months.
In-State11906 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11906 USD per year and a duration of 11 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.