About this Degree
The Business Administration - Aerospace and Defense Concentration program at the University of Tennessee Knoxville provides a solid grounding in the broad range of business functions. In addition to the traditional MBA curriculum, the program also offers specialized areas of focus (e.g., value stream integration, lean manufacturing, acquisition processes, and industrial statistics), providing students the opportunity to choose an area relevant to their career goals within the context of the aerospace and defense industry. This mix of topical coverage is ideal for individuals with technical backgrounds who are transitioning into program management where business and leadership skills are critical.
The program is completed in three consecutive semesters. Coursework is completed through on campus residence periods, off-campus sites for industry-immersed learning, and via synchronous and asynchronous distance learning. Graded work includes a number of large-scale projects completed under faculty supervision, resulting in significant written reports and oral presentations. Project students are not required to take comprehensive exams as part of the degree requirements. In lieu of comprehensive exams, project students must successfully complete and defend a faculty reviewed Organizational Action Project in order to complete the program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Executive Core
- Management Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- The application due date is six weeks prior to the beginning of the first semester.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration International Business Master in Business Administration (MBA) View 1473 other Masters in Master in Business Administration (MBA) in United States
- Primary consideration is given to the applicant’s professional achievements and recommendations from the applicant’s organization.
- Applicants must meet the minimum requirements of the Graduate Council
- Applicants must submit:An online application to the Office of Graduate Admissions
- An online application to the program
- Transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work.
- Applicants may need to take the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) (see specific program descriptions)
- No cut-off score exists for either grade point averages or GMAT scores
- Admission is competitive, and applicants will be evaluated on their ability to operate on a par with other high achieving participants.
- Prerequisites: Although there are no specific course prerequisites for admission, undergraduate studies and professional experience should demonstrate ability with both qualitative and quantitative work.
International31798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31798 USD per year during 12 months.
National31798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31798 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State13380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13380 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Knoxville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.