Optics, Lasers, and Optical Spectroscopy from Comenius University in Bratislava consists of subjects focused on laser physics and optical spectroscopy (main two blocks of the study program), and experimental physics (two blocks of compulsory and elective subjects) and application of knowledge in other scientific disciplines(block practical exercises and corresponding lectures).
Graduates with Optics, Lasers, and Optical Spectroscopy from Comenius University in Bratislava will be able to:
- the ability to solve common problems of modern physical optics both independently or in a team, particularly in the field of laser physics, optical information processing and optical spectroscopy.
- the ability to implement advanced optical principles and methods in other disciplines, to create and use computer models of physical phenomena and processes, and to responsibly use modern optical systems and equipment
- will be able to build and use a variety of optical equipment required for optical diagnosis, or for the use of lasers in various fields of science (quantum electronics and optics, plasma physics, physics of the environment, etc. )
- will be able to apply standard software for the statistical data processing, spreadsheets, word processing, hypertext, graphical presentation and publication of results.
- will be able to work with the acquisition systems in order to collect data from experimental devices to PC and to create computer programs to control experimental systems and interpret the results.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Design of Optical Systems
- Nonlinear Optics
- Laser Technique
- Optics of Thin Layers
- Light Scattering by Small Particles
- Theory of Radiation
- Holography and Interferometry
- Principles and Methods of Applied Optics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Comenius University in Bratislava and/or in Slovakia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Students who have already completed bachelor's degree or equivalent: Legalized copy of bachelor´s degree diploma (in English), otherwise: Confirmation of study towards university degree (in English)
- Official transcript of completed courses during the bachelor studies
- Internationally recognized English language certificate (copy)
- Structured CV in English
- Copy of passport (page with photograph and personal data)
- Two academic reference letters in English
- Motivation letter in English
International1500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Bratislava
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.