Students in the MABEL program will be able to::
- exegete the Hebrew and Greek texts of the Bible;
- form a basic theological foundation as a grid for Bible translation;
- apply basic principles of hermeneutics in Bible study and Bible translation;
- understand the theory and principles of language translation;
- employ computational tools to construct a phonological analysis, descriptive grammar; partial lexicography, and interlinear text of a minority language; and
- design an effective strategy for cross-cultural ministry
Sixty-two semester hours of coursework are required as a minimum for graduation. Of those hours, 18 are prescribed in linguistics eld preparation, 12 in Greek grammar and exegesis, 12 in Hebrew grammar and exegesis, 3 in biblical manners and customs, 3 in world missions, 9 in Bible exposition, and 5 in systematic and historical theology, as well as successful completion of either the two-semester SF245 or the four-semester SF100 requirement. The World Missions and Intercultural Studies department advises students in this program. Career guidance is also available from the GIAL staff.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Theological Method and Bibliology
- Applied Biblical Contextualization
- Elements of Greek I
- Elements of Greek II
- Intermediate Greek
- Intro to NT Exegesis
- Elements of Hebrew I
- Elements of Hebrew II
- Hebrew Exegesis & OT Intro
- Hebrew Exegesis & OT Intro II
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Christian Studies Linguistics View 114 other Masters in Christian Studies in United States
As an applicant, you will be evaluated on the basis of:
- Your academic records
- The assessment of your references
- The extent and quality of involvement in Christian service
- Your apparent gifts and potential for placement into Christian ministry.
International571 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 571 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National571 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 571 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.