Graduates of the Biblical Counseling program of Dallas Theological Seminary are able to apply for licensure with the appropriate state boards of many states. For a list of states about which DTS has made a determination concerning the MABC program’s qualifications for licensure, see the Licensure Disclosure Statement.
66 books of the Bible
A 2-year MA at DTS offers more Bible and theology than a 3-year MDiv at most seminaries, including all 66 books (even Nahum) and an entire course on the Trinity.
Comprehensive preparation for today’s hurting world
The DTS counseling program includes coursework in that covers a variety of psychological, spiritual, emotional, and physical conditions, and integrates it with the same Bible and theology courses taken by pastors and other ministry professionals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theological and Psychological Foundations of Counseling
- Counseling Theory
- Normal Human Growth
- Counseling Methods & Techniques
- Abnormal Human Behavior
- Lifestyle & Career Development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 118 other Masters in Christian Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit Application
- Collect college transcripts and references from church and others
- Committee Evaluation
- You show evidence of saving faith in Jesus Christ in your application testimony, and you adhere to the 7 core doctrines
- Your references speak to your character and dependence on the Holy Spirit for life and work
- You are endowed with appropriate spiritual gifts and involved in Christian ministry
- Previous education has prepared you for graduate theological education
International595 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 595 USD per credit during 24 months.
National595 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 595 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Dallas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.