- Clinical Mental Health Counseling
This concentration meets educational standards for licensure as a professional counselor in Tennessee and most other states. All states also require additional testing and post-graduate supervised experience for licensure.
This concentration meets requirements for PreK-12 licensure as a School Counselor in Tennessee and most other states. Some states may have additional experience and testing requirements.
Counseling students from University of Tennessee Knoxville are required to demonstrate academic foundations, clinical skills, and professional dispositions necessary for successful practice of professional counseling in their anticipated clinical mental health or school setting. The Program Handbook includes details regarding required knowledge, skills, and professional dispositions and the process for demonstrating attainment of these standards.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Skills for Counseling
- Registration for Use of Facilities
- Problems in Lieu of Thesis
- Educational Specialist Research and Thesis
- Assessment and Testing in Counseling
- Orientation to Counseling and Ethics
- Counseling for Addictions in School and Mental Health Settings
- Lifespan Development and Wellness in Counseling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Educational Psychology View 259 other Masters in Educational Psychology in United States
- Admissions are conducted once per year.
- In addition to meeting Graduate Admissions requirements, applicants must submit GRE scores, professional references, and program-specified materials (e.g., resume/vita, letter of introduction, goals statement, case vignettes).
- Following initial review of materials, selected applicants are invited to campus to participate in a required face-to-face interview.
- Admissions decisions are made on a holistic basis with attention to relevance of career goals, aptitude for graduate-level study, potential success in forming effective counseling relationships, and respect for cultural differences.
International31798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31798 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National31798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31798 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State13380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13380 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.