GEMMA - Master's Degree in Women's and Gender Studies offered by the University of Granada is a programme of excellence supported by the European Commission, which has selected it as an Erasmus Mundus Master Course four consecutive times and distinguished from an average of 150 project proposals submitted annually.
GEMMA is unique in the way it brings together approaches to feminism from all cardinal points in Europe. Created as a result of the concerted efforts of several universities working together within the ATHENA network, the GEMMA Consortium represents the harmonization of seven different institutions from six European countries.
Students at GEMMA - Master's Degree in Women's and Gender Studies offered by the University of Granada will:
- obtain a double degree, issued by the two institutions where they have conducted their studies.
- benefit from a a joint interdisciplinary programme that provides high quality academic education and professional competencies for personnel working or intending to work in the areas of Women's Studies, Gender Studies and Equal Opportunities across Europe and beyond.
- Feminist History
- Feminist Theory
- Feminist Methodology
- Gender and Violence in the Old German Literatures
- Methods, Sources, Research and Documentation for Women´s Studies
- Woman and Social Sciences
- Women and Law
- Women and Science
- Women Painters in Western History of Arts
- Women´s Popular Culture
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEthnic Studies Gender & Sexuality Studies
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Current resume or CV
- Copy of Diploma
- Official academic records (or copy)
- Average grade certificate
- Language certificate
- Proof of residence
- Copy of Passport
International821 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 821 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA821 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 821 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Granada
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.