About this Degree
The master’s degree programs at the University of Tennessee Knoxville have been specifically designed to deliver research-based education so that students are empowered to succeed in these career opportunities:
- Agricultural Leadership: For students who want to develop personal leadership skills, engage in community and organizational development, serve others, and network with leadership institutes in global environments.
- Agricultural Education: For students who want an exciting career in education and related areas as a certified agriscience instructor and educational specialist.
- Extension Education: For students who want to lead outreach and nonformal education in government service, community, and industry settings.
- Agricultural Communications: For students who want to focus on anticipatory and strategic communications to build, maintain, and repair relationships with agricultural stakeholders and stake seekers.
Agricultural Leadership, Education and Communications students may elect either an online or on-campus option for completing requirements of the master’s degree. The online option consists of a general degree in Agricultural Leadership, Education and Communications.
- Educational Psychology
- Special Education
- Methods of Teaching Agriscience
- Program Planning in Agriscience Education
- Student Teaching ALEC Internship
- Agricultural Communications
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- Domestic applicants may apply up to two weeks prior to the beginning of the desired term of entry.
DisciplinesEducation Communication Studies Agriculture View 3090 other Masters in Education in United States
- Applicants must have obtained a bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting agency. A non-U.S. degree must be equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from the United States and must be accredited by its regional or national accreditation agency.
- Applicants may be required to submit standardized test scores, depending upon their program requirements.
- Applicants may be required to submit English language certification test scores.
- An applicant requesting admission to the Graduate School may be required to submit results of the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- United States degree holders must have earned a minimum of 2.7 out of a possible 4.0 GPA or a minimum of 3.0 during the senior year of undergraduate study.
International31798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31798 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National31798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31798 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State13380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13380 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Knoxville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.