Students majoring in Aerospace Engineering at University of Tennessee Knoxville may not normally use more than one 400-level engineering course to meet their advanced degree requirements.
- Undergraduate courses that are required for the bachelor’s degree in aerospace engineering may not be taken for graduate credit by graduate students in aerospace engineering.
- For students majoring in engineering science, 400-level graduate courses in engineering may be used to meet requirements at the discretion of the advising committee.
At least two-thirds of the minimum required credit hours in a master’s degree program must be at or above the 500-level.
With the approval of the student’s major department, a student whose major is outside the Department of Mechanical, Aerospace, and Biomedical Engineering (MABE) may take 400-level graduate courses in the department. Such students should consult with instructors regarding prerequisites for undergraduate courses.
Changing from one of the Department of Mechanical, Aerospace, and Biomedical Engineering programs to another requires departmental approval.
Required CoursesOption Requirements
- Thesis Option: AE 500 Thesis, 6 credit hours (minimum)
- Project Option: AE 590 Selected Engineering Problems, for independent research, 3 to 6 credit hours as determined in consultation with the major professor
- Thesis Option - 24 credit hours graduate course work plus thesis credit hours
- Project Option - 27 credit hours graduate course work plus project credit hours
- Course Only with Examination Option - 30 credit hours of graduate course work
- *Are determined in consultation with the major professor and guidance committee to meet the needs of the individual program.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Domestic applicants may apply up to two weeks prior to the beginning of the desired term of entry
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Aerospace Engineering Physics View 611 other Masters in Physics in United States
- Entrance into the Master of Science program is available to qualified graduates of recognized undergraduate curricula in mechanical or aerospace engineering and to qualified graduates of other curricula who satisfy the necessary prerequisites.
- The general GRE is required of all applicants for admission.
- Changing between aerospace engineering and mechanical engineering requires departmental approval.
- Each applicant is advised as to any prerequisite courses before entering a program.
International31798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31798 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National31798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31798 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State13380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13380 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Knoxville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.