A Master of Science in Student Personnel Administration in Higher Education (SPAHE) from Concordia University Wisconsin will prepare you in mind, body, and spirit – through courses grounded in student affairs – to provide you with a better understanding of how to bring your “whole self” to your profession.
Whether you’re an associate dean, a director in admission, or a leader in resident life, you’ll graduate from this program with a strong understanding of how to be the kind of servant-leader students and faculty need.
What to expect
The higher education master's program is designed for professionals seeking to create a world-class environment in universities and colleges. It may be completed in one year by doubling up courses, or two to three years if you're seeking a slower pace. Additionally, the curriculum allows you to take one Ed.D. course as an elective and seamlessly transition into the online doctorate in education.
You’ll study the basics of student affairs administration and learn how generational, social, racial, ethnic, and religious diversity impacts the campus environment. You’ll also gain an understanding of the legal issues that crop up between public and private institutions and their governing boards, administrators, faculty, student affairs staff, and governmental bodies.
This curriculum explores higher education law, the role of law on campus, and the relationship between the law and the work in student affairs and athletics. We've integrated field experience into various course assignments and internship opportunities, and we have intentionally selected a wide array of instructors from different colleges and universities. Not only will you build a holistic, Christ-centered foundation in higher education, but you'll build a robust professional network.
- Foundations in Student Affairs Administration
- The Diverse College Student
- Organizational Leadership & Governance in Higher Ed
- Program Planning and Assessment
- Group Dynamics and Culturally Responsible Leadership
- Law & Policy in Higher Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Plan to apply 3-4 months prior to your intended start date.
DisciplinesHigher Education View 72 other Masters in Higher Education in United States
- These programs have a minimum undergraduate GPA requirement of 3.00.
- Application form
- Non-refundable application fee
- One page essay describing your reason for obtaining a graduate degree
- Résumé of your education and employment experience
- Two signed letters of recommendation using the Recommendation Form(recommendation letters on letterhead may also be submitted)
- All official transcripts leading to your bachelor’s degree
International23256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 646 USD per credit during 12 months.
National23256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 646 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.