Why to study
Developing skills in curriculum, pedagogy or policy development, the benefits include career advancement and the development of expertise in a specific area of educational practice.
The Science, Technology and Environmental Education programme is for educators interested in curriculum development, learning and teaching in science, technology and environmental education.
The Science, Technology and Environmental Education Programme University of Waikato is part of the Technology, Environmental, Mathematics and Science (TEMS) Education Centre, which offers professional development for graduates in technology, environmental, mathematics, science and education, who are interested in pursuing postgraduate study in the TEMS group of subjects. Intending students should discuss their programme of study with the Director of the Centre.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Culturally Responsive Methodologies incorporating kaupapa Māori and Critical Theories
- Research Methods
- Directed Study
- Education Thesis
- Rangahau Kaupapa Māori - Kaupapa Māori Research
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Technology Management View 54 other Masters in Education in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Birth certificate, passport and permits
- Evidence of citizenship
- Evidence of any change of name (if your name is different from that on your birth certificate)
- A written statement in support of your application, if applicable
- Evidence of any previous tertiary study
- Proof that you meet the academic entry requirements (Completed International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with a minimum of 24 points)
- A recognised bachelors degree with a B/B+ average, and a B/B+ average in a relevant subject if required. Some faculties/schools require an honours degree (to demonstrate research capacity). Where the above requirements are not met, further study in a lower level programme may be required first.
International22759 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22759 USD per year during 18 months.
National5441 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5441 USD per year during 18 months.
- Fees (Domestic): $7,558-$8,140 per year
- Fees (International): $31,615 (120 pts) or $47,425 (180 pts)
Living costs for Hamilton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.