Why study MSc Internet of Things at BU?
- By taking the Internet of Things programme from Bournemouth University you learn how to design and build the next generation of smart devices and networked systems
- Combine strong theoretical foundations with hands-on experience in designing and developing IoT systems
- Be part of our IoT Lab and engage with the research activities of our Department
- Opportunity to choose option units in Cloud Computing, Smart Systems, Blockchain and Human-centred Design, and to explore an area of interest through research as part of your individual Master's Project
- Use the opportunity of international placements and our career support to enhance your employability and work in a global environment
- Benefit from our close relationships with companies, research and government agencies that are interested in recruiting skilled graduates in the area of the Internet of Things.
Work in a growth area
There is an increasing wide range of opportunities within the fast-growing Internet of Things (IoT) line of business which are dynamically evolving and have recently included:
- Product Manager, Consumer IoT
- IoT Global Partner Manager
- Computer Vision Developer/Programmer
- Test Engineer - Manual, Embedded Systems
- New Technologies & Innovation Manager
- Business Transformation Manager
- Head of Connected Cities
- IoT Proposition Manager
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mobile & Pervasive Technology
- Wireless, Sensor and Actuator Networks
- Security and Privacy in IoT
- Research Methods & Professional Issues
- Individual Masters Project
- Cloud Computing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
There is no application deadline for this course. However, if you will need a visa, think carefully about the length of time it will take for your visa application to be processed.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 207 other Masters in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The normal requirements for embarking upon a postgraduate taught degree are:
- A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 or equivalent in any subject.
Please see below some examples of the qualifications for entry:
- India: Bachelor’s degree (4 years) from a recognised HE institution with a minimum overall result of 55%
- Nigeria: Bachelor's degree from a recognised institution with a minimum classification of 2:2
- Thailand: Thai Bachelor's (Honours) degree from a recognised higher education institution with a minimum GPA of 2.5/4.0
- Turkey: Bachelor’s degree (Lisans Diplomasi - four years) with a minimum overall GPA of 2.3/4.0
- Vietnam: Bachelor's degree/Bang tot nghiep dai hoc with an average score of 6.5/10, or a Master’s degree/Thac si.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14750 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8750 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bournemouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.