The Concordia University Wisconsin Accelerated Programs for Teacher Licensure (CAPTL) prepares students to earn initial teacher licensure for Early Childhood, Elementary, Special Education, or Secondary education through the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction. We strive to inspire our teacher candidates to become servant leaders in the field of education.
The Education - Teaching and Learning - Elementary Education Initial Licensure curriculum emphasizes working with diverse student populations, becoming reflective practitioners, and understanding how to differentiate instruction to meet the academic needs of all learners. ESL, Bilingual, and Gifted & Talented add-on licensure is also available.
- Elementary program endorses the teacher candidate to teach grades 4K-9th
- Earn your initial licensure while earning a Master of Science in Education – Teaching & Learning.
- Teacher candidates are prepared to be successful in all environments to meet the learning needs of children: public, private, and parochial
- Our teacher candidates are reflective practitioners who can reflect on their educational practices and who are able to successfully work with diverse student populations
- Small class sizes with individual attention
- Program length: 24 months for licensure only, with additional 6 months for master's degree
- Meet face-to-face on campus one evening/week OR
- Offered in a flexible hybrid online class format
- Transfer in up to 6 graduate credits
- Professors with real world experience
You can expect to become the kind of educator you always dreamed of becoming. Here’s how we make that happen: You’ll learn relevant teaching strategies to implement in the classroom, while also staying ahead of the curve on new technologies that can enhance your instruction. You’ll learn the challenges that face educators today, including school law, legal rights and teacher responsibilities, while examining relationships with parents and community.
You will focus on the teacher as a role model, both in and out of the classroom. All the while, you’ll build your portfolio and demonstrate growth and competency in teaching standards. Of course, you’ll be expected to complete your student-teaching requirements, and in doing so you’ll gain invaluable field experience inside the classroom. And through it all, you’ll leave this program a more capable and confident educator, ready to shape the young lives of your students.
- Foundations of the Teaching Profession
- Educational Psychology: Understanding Theory of Teaching and Learning
- Language Arts Development and Strategies
- Teaching Diverse Students, Families, and Classrooms
- Co-Planning and Planning for all Students
- Interdisciplinary Instruction: Teaching in the Middle School
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Plan to apply 3-4 months prior to your intended start date.
DisciplinesTeaching Primary Education View 239 other Masters in Primary Education in United States
- These programs have a minimum undergraduate GPA requirement of 3.00.
- Application form
- Non-refundable application fee
- One page essay describing your reason for obtaining a graduate degree
- Résumé of your education and employment experience
- Two signed letters of recommendation using the Recommendation Form (recommendation letters on letterhead may also be submitted)
- All official transcripts leading to your bachelor’s degree
- Graduate entrance exams such as the GRE are not required
- If you have completed graduate level classes in the last seven years and wish to have them evaluated for possible transfer, please contact your admissions counselor for more information on transferring graduate credits
International25840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 646 USD per credit during 12 months.
National25840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 646 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Mequon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.