The University of Waikato has a particularly strong reputation for our research program in lake and river ecology and restoration, taking advantage of our close proximity to the Rotorua Lakes District, the Waikato River, and peat lakes and wetlands within the Waikato Region. Other areas of research include estuarine and coastal marine biology, urban ecology, Antarctic terrestrial ecology, and agricultural sustainability and productivity.
In studying Science (Research) - Ecology and Biodiversity at the University of Waikato you’ll learn about the distribution, abundance, and biology of organisms and their role in New Zealand’s most important ecosystems.
- Biodiversity Management
- Biodiversity Advisor
- Biodiversity Surveyor
- Biosecurity and Customs Officer
- Conservation Ranger
- Policy Analyst
- Research Associate
- Laboratory Technician
- Resource Manager
- Resource Planner
- Weed Management Advisor
- Pest Management Advisor
- Field Researcher
- Technical Officer
- Ecological Consultant
- Environmental Scientist
- Agricultural Scientist
- Agricultural Technician
- Museum Collections Technician
- Museum Curator
- Land Management Officer
- Zoo Keeper
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Data Analysis and Experimental Design
- Freshwater Ecology
- Marine and Estuarine Ecology
- Molecular Ecology
- Plant Physiology and Ecology
- Animal Behaviour
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiodiversity & Conservation Ecology View 8 other Masters in Biodiversity & Conservation in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Birth certificate, passport and permits
- Evidence of citizenship
- Evidence of any change of name (if your name is different from that on your birth certificate)
- A written statement in support of your application, if applicable
- Evidence of any previous tertiary study
- Proof that you meet the academic entry requirements (Completed International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with a minimum of 24 points)
International23274 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23274 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National4880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4880 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Fees (Domestic): NZD 7,325 per year
- Fees (International): NZD 34,245 per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.