Maximise your professional experience with work integrated learning and mentoring throughout your degree. Respond to the unique challenges of Northern Queensland and the tropics with practical involvement in rural and remote communities.
Choose from six specialisations - English/Literacy, Mathematics/Numeracy, Science, Technology, Humanities and Social Science and Health and Physical Education.
Learn to design, implement, and evaluate curriculum to enhance learning outcomes for all students. Demonstrate your ability to improve Indigenous learning outcomes with your strong knowledge of learning styles and cultural frameworks.
- Graduates of the Teaching and Learning (Primary) MEd program offered at James Cook University benefit from JCU’s strong connections to communities and are prepared to teach in primary schools across Australia.
- The Master of Teaching and Learning (Primary) is nationally accredited through the Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL) in association with the Queensland College of Teachers (QCT).
- Learning for Diverse Learners in Primary School Contexts
- Language and Literacy Education for Primary Teachers
- Mathematics and Numeracy for Primary Teachers
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education in Primary School Contexts
- The Arts for Primary Teachers
- Teaching for Learning in Diverse Primary School Contexts
- English Education for Primary Teachers
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy Teaching View 198 other Masters in Education in Australia
CRICOS code: 096028E
- AQF level 7 degree or equivalent that includes the equivalent of one year appropriate study in primary school curriculum
- US: Satisfactory completion of one year at a recognised university with a minimum GPA of 2.8.
- Germany: Successful completion of six months of study at a recognised German university with an overall grade of Pass or successful completion of Abitur, Fachhochschulreife or Reifezeugnis.
- Sweden: Successful completion of Upper Secondary School or Kommunal vuxenutbildning (Komvux) with a minimum GPA of 12.
- Norway: Successful completion of at least six months of study at a recognised higher education institution in Norway; or successful completion of Norwegian Vitnemål fra den Videregående Skolen with a minimum GPA of 3.5.
- Denmark: Successful completion of one semester of study at a recognised higher education institution in Denmark with an overall grade of Pass (average of D).
International30960 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30960 AUD per year during 24 months.
National21960 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21960 AUD per year during 24 months.
Estimated annual Commonwealth Supported Fee for domestic students a full-time study load $3,985.00
Living costs for Townsville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.