Be prepared to respond to the diverse learning needs of primary school students in both urban and rural communities with the Teaching and Learning (Primary) program from James Cook University.
Maximise your professional experience with work integrated learning and mentoring throughout your degree. Respond to the unique challenges of Northern Queensland and the tropics with practical involvement in rural and remote communities.
Choose from six specialisations - English/Literacy, Mathematics/Numeracy, Science, Technology, Humanities and Social Science and Health and Physical Education.
Learn to design, implement, and evaluate curriculum to enhance learning outcomes for all students. Demonstrate your ability to improve Indigenous learning outcomes with your strong knowledge of learning styles and cultural frameworks.
JCU Teaching and Learning (Primary) graduates benefit from JCU’s strong connections to communities and are prepared to teach in primary schools across Australia.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Learning for Diverse Learners in Primary School Contexts
- Language and Literacy Education for Primary Teachers
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Education in Primary School Settings
- English Education for Primary Teachers
- Mathematics Education for Primary Teachers
- Digital and Design Technologies for Primary Teachers
- Teachers as Leaders for Learning and Change
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesTeaching View 117 other Masters in Teaching in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 096028E
- An appropriate bachelor degree (AQF Level 7) or equivalent qualification from an approved tertiary institution which includes the equivalent of full year of studying areas appropriate to curriculum demands of a specialisation in primary teaching in Australian schools; that is subjects that link to the national school curriculum (Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA)) content in either English, or technologies, or mathematics, or science, or humanities and social sciences or health and physical education.
- At least three of the subjects completed within the full year of study must be subjects appropriate to the demands of a particular specialisation.
International30400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30400 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National21520 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21520 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Domestic fee : $6,684.00 -estimated annual Commonwealth Supported Fe
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.