This Rehabilitation at James Cook University offers you the opportunity to select from majors in four areas - a General Major in Rehabilitation, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy and Speech Pathology. JCU also offers a wide selection of subjects, several of which address tropical, Indigenous, rural and remote practice.
This JCU Master’s degree is for you if you're a graduate and ready to develop your career in a rehabilitation-related area of healthcare. As with other JCU healthcare courses, choosing this Master’s degree will give you unique opportunities and experience, especially in tropical, rural, remote, regional community and Indigenous health in Australia and internationally.
- With JCU's General Major in Rehabilitation, you'll achieve an important qualification that will enable you to take the next steps in your career. Your additional therapeutic qualifications and skillset will equip you to apply for roles where you're required to deliver high-level skills to assist individuals in overcoming illnesses and injuries that impact on clients' ability to participate in daily life.
- JCU's Occupational Therapy major will be valued by employers or in your own practice. With its specialisation in rehabilitation, your Master’s degree will add significantly to your ability to assist individuals in overcoming illnesses and injuries which impair daily living activities.
- If you're ready to advance your Physiotherapy career, choosing this major with its specialisation in rehabilitation will equip you for roles where you're responsible for assisting individuals at an advanced level to overcome mobility-impairing illnesses and injuries.
- Speech Pathology graduates - this JCU Master’s degree will enable you to achieve a qualification that will help you advance your career to new levels. You'll gain advanced skills that will equip you to assist individuals of all ages to overcome communication and swallowing-related illnesses and injuries.
- Rehabilitation Research and Evidence-Based Practice
- Rehabilitation for Chronic Conditions
- Cultural Competency Principles in Australian Healthcare Practice
- Qualitative Research Methods for Health Professionals
- Palliative Care for Health Professionals
- Assistive Technology Strategies to Enable Personal Autonomy
- Health Promotion
- Public Health and the Workplace
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHuman Medicine View 85 other Masters in Human Medicine in Australia
- Completion of an AQF level 7 bachelor degree in a relevant health discipline, from this or another university (General major); or
- Applicants must have completed at least a Bachelor of Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy or Speech Pathology at an Australian University or hold an equivalent international entry level qualification in one of these professions (Physiotherapy major, Occupational Therapy major or Speech Pathology major).
- Note: Completion of the Master of Rehabilitation will not enable Australian registration of overseas qualified health professionals.
International35800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 35800 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!