In the School of Science, Physics is taught at a postgraduate level. By studying with us you will develop a thorough understanding of theoretical physics and gain advanced knowledge in areas such as quantum theory and biophysics.
Many famous scientists, such as Einstein and Newton were physicists. Physicists are versed in mathematics, computer programming, experimental science and the design of complex instruments. They are among the most versatile scientists, able to easily cross boundaries into other disciplines such as chemistry, biology, medicine, Earth and planetary sciences. There are biophysicists, geophysicists, astrophysicists and neurophysicists.
At the University of Waikato our academic staff are leading the way in biophysics. both experimental and theoretical, including measuring and modelling the electrical activity in the brain for applications such as anaesthesia and transcranial magnetic stimulation.
- Applications Engineer
- Avionics Engineer
- Electronics Engineer
- Medical Physicist
- Satellite Information Processor
- Physics Thesis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
120 - 180
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering Physics View 7 other Masters in Aerospace Engineering in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Birth certificate, passport and permits
- Evidence of citizenship
- Evidence of any change of name (if your name is different from that on your birth certificate)
- A written statement in support of your application, if applicable
- Evidence of any previous tertiary study
- Proof that you meet the academic entry requirements (Completed International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with a minimum of 24 points)
- A recognised bachelors degree with a B/B+ average, and a B/B+ average in a relevant subject if required.
International25862 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25862 USD per year during 12 months.
National5101 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5101 USD per year during 12 months.
- Fees (Domestic): $7,098-$8,505 per year
- Fees (International): $35,980 (120 pts) or $53,970 (180 pts)
Living costs for Hamilton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.