Working with JCU's internationally recognised lecturers as well as experts who are currently working in science fields, you will gain advanced and integrated understanding of underlying scientific concepts and recent research advances in biomedical, clinical and medical science.
You will experience:
- Work integrated learning opportunities
- Supervised research and work specific projects that may be undertaken in the specific context of your work area or interest.
- Opportunities for independent research to improve or value add to your profession, continuing professional development and contribute to papers for publication.
The skills you'll gain by undertaking the Medical Science degree from James Cook University are uniquely suited for career opportunities such as a senior scientist in:
- A clinical investigations unit
- The pathology sector
- As a research scientist.
This Master’s degree will not only enhance your knowledge and understanding of clinical and laboratory medical science, but will hone your clinical and analytical reasoning and problem solving skills, so you can take your place in research and science leadership roles throughout Australia and internationally.
These leadership skills are particularly sought after in regional and remote locations, where a generalist multidisciplinary scientist with research expertise would be invaluable. Imagine the difference you could make changing practice to improve your community’s healthcare through evidence gathering and research.
- Research Planning in Tropical Health and Medicine
- Research Project in Tropical Health and Medicine
- Epidemiology for Public Health
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesHuman Medicine View 165 other Masters in Human Medicine in Australia
CRICOS code: 096262F
- Completion of at least an AQF7 Biomedical Science Degree or Medical Laboratory Science degree at this or another University or equivalent determined by Course Co-ordinator.
- Students who complete the Graduate Diploma of Medical Science will be eligible for entry.
International33280 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33280 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.