Government decisions influence our lives on a daily basis. They affect the price of our housing, clothes, food, transport and water. They determine the types of jobs we do, how much we are paid and where we live.
Studying Social Sciences - Public Policy at the University of Waikato equips you with the skills to understand and interpret current affairs, deal with government in your future profession or business, and work within government or for groups that lobby government. It is particularly suitable for students who want a career in the public sector, and for employees of organisations that are seeking to influence public policies.
- Environmental Consultant
- Foreign Policy Advisor
- Health Sector Analyst
- Māori Development Policy Adviser
- Policy Analyst and Planner
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Policy Analysis: Theory and Practice
- Gender, Justice and the Environment
- Environmental Politics and Public Policy
- Directed Study
- Population Health and Equity
- Comparative Indigenous Criminology
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Policy View 9 other Masters in Public Policy in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Birth certificate, passport and permits
- Evidence of citizenship
- Evidence of any change of name (if your name is different from that on your birth certificate)
- A written statement in support of your application, if applicable
- Evidence of any previous tertiary study
- Proof that you meet the academic entry requirements (Completed International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with a minimum of 24 points)
International19940 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19940 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National4471 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4471 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
- Fees (Domestic): NZD 6,748-8,085
- Fees (International): NZD 30,095 - 34,245 (120 pts) or 45,145 - 51,370 (180 pts)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.