Good Philosophy - Statistics graduates at the University of Waikato who can analyse the growing amount of data available to businesses and turn it into meaningful information are in high demand.
Statistical analysis is used to make informed decisions in most areas of human endeavour, such as agriculture, industry and commerce, law, medicine, forestry, psychology, insurance and economics. The current shortage of Statistics graduates and Statistical Analysts has opened up a vast array of opportunities for graduates. Working as a Statistician often involves working with people from other areas, such those listed above. You will often be acting as a ‘trouble-shooter.
- Business Analyst
- Government Statistician
- Industrial Statistician
- Insurance and Finance
- Market Researcher
- Medical Statistician
- Operational Researcher
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Master of Philosophy is a one year research-based degree in which students undertake a programme of approved and supervised research that leads to a thesis which critically investigates an approved topic of substance and significance, demonstrates expertise in the methods of research and scholarship, displays intellectual independence and makes a substantial original contribution to the subject area concerned, and is of publishable quality.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesStatistics Actuarial Science View 8 other Masters in Actuarial Science in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Birth certificate, passport and permits
- Evidence of citizenship
- Evidence of any change of name (if your name is different from that on your birth certificate)
- A written statement in support of your application, if applicable
- Evidence of any previous tertiary study
- Proof that you meet the academic entry requirements (Completed International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with a minimum of 24 points)
International19107 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19107 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National4009 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4009 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Domestic: 6,018-6,391 NZD
- International: 28,675 - 37,710 NZD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.