The AG CNS is best described as the “nurses’ nurse” as the CNS is a resource and consultant to nurses and health care professionals.
- The Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist degree at University of California, San Francisco is involved in all levels of the health care system, spanning from the acute care setting to the home.
- The AG CNS engages in numerous direct care and leadership roles in the health care system including organizing and managing large scale programs, incorporating evidence into practice, coaching and mentoring nurses and serving as a consultant to health care professionals, organizations, patients and families.
- Advanced Health Assessment
- Advanced Physiology and Pathophysiology Online
- Nutrition Principles Across the Life Span
- Diagnostic & Therapeutic Interventions
- Management of Acute and Chronic Illness
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Gerontology View 1524 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- A bachelor's degree in nursing from an NLNAC- or CCNE-accredited Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program, or experience and licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) with a (U.S.) regionally accredited bachelor's degree in another discipline. The degree must be conferred by the application deadline.
- Minimum of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale verified by official transcripts.
- Applicants are required to upload a transcript — unofficial or official transcript — to the application portal for review purposes.
International11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11442 USD per year during 12 months.
National11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11442 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for San Francisco
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.