The Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist program offered by the University of California, San Francisco is best described as the “nurses’ nurse” as the CNS is a resource and consultant to nurses and health care professionals. The AG CNS is involved in all levels of the health care system, spanning from the acute care setting to the home. The AG CNS engages in numerous direct care and leadership roles in the health care system including organizing and managing large scale programs, incorporating evidence into practice, coaching and mentoring nurses and serving as a consultant to health care professionals, organizations, patients and families.
Clinical practice and residency sites include UCSF Medical Center and Clinics, Kaiser Permanente Medical Centers, Zuckerberg San Francisco General Medical Center as well as community hospitals and systems.
- Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist-Oncology (AG CNS-Oncology)
- Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist-Critical Care/Trauma (AG CNS-CCT)
More informationVisit official programme website
- Advanced Health Assessment
- Advanced Physiology and Pathophysiology Online
- Nutrition Principles Across the Life Span
- Diagnostic & Therapeutic Interventions
- Management of Acute and Chronic Illness
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
Deadline: February 1 of each year for earlier consideration.
DisciplinesNursing View 768 other Masters in Nursing in United States
Is RN experience required?
- AG CNS: No
- AG CNS-Oncology: Yes. One year between MEPN completion and beginning of MS program.
- AG CNS-CCT: Yes. Requires at least one year of acute care experience. This subspecialty is not open to MEPN applicants.
Other admissions requirements specific to this specialty
- AG CNS-Oncology: MEPN students must take a one-year step out after completion of MEPN curriculum and before entering MS degree AG CNS-Oncology portion of the program.
International11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11442 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11442 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.