A Bachelor of Music degree or equivalent is required for degree candidacy. In the last semester, the dean of vocal studies, dean of faculty and students, and president will evaluate the progress and course of study of each student.
Incoming students will be counseled by the department faculty, who will suggest ways of remedying any weakness in theoretical, aural, or language skills. Voice teacher selection will be made by the student with the approval of the dean of vocal studies and the president. Emphasis in the opera program is on performing and developing performance skills. Typically the Curtis Opera Theatre performs three productions each year with the Curtis Symphony Orchestra or Curtis Chamber Orchestra.
The Curtis Institute of Music educates and trains exceptionally gifted young musicians to engage a local and global community through the highest level of artistry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Voice Lesson
- Opera Staging
- Voice Repertoire Coaching
- Opera History Seminar
- Opera Performance Seminar
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The online written consent of the present private teacher
- Online confidential statements from two musicians, excluding relatives and the present private teacher, who are qualified to judge the applicant's personal and musical talents
- The most current official transcript of high school and/or college
- One or two programs from concerts in which the applicant has participated (photocopied programs are acceptable)
- Bachelor of Music, Master of Music, Professional Studies Certificate, and Diploma in Opera applicants who are not native speakers of English: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and the SAT I scores, due June 1, 2020
- A nonrefundable application fee of $150 U.S. (payment required to complete online form)
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
All admitted students are awarded a merit-based, full-tuition scholarship. The applicant, if accepted, assumes full responsibility for all other expenses.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.