Through this course you will explore practical conflict management and resolution skills that you can apply as a leader in your current role, to further your career or to begin a new career. You will be taught by experts who are leaders in their fields, and may have the opportunity to gain practical experience with local or international organisations through JCU’s extensive industry linkages.
All Conflict Management and Resolution (CMR) subjects, except for a few, can be studied either internally (this involves attending an intensive workshop in Townsville or Cairns in addition to studying online) or externally (this means all studies will be completed online). Most of our intensive workshops are delivered over a three (3) day period and are conveniently offered across a weekend (Friday to Sunday) to allow students with work and family commitments or travel requirements to attend.
We encourage all students to attend some of the workshops in our program as feedback captured from students suggests that they are an excellent study experience. That said, if you do live far away and cannot manage to travel to Townsville or Cairns, please be assured that you will be able to complete your Masters online and our lecturers work hard to ensure all students feel engaged and part of the CMR program community.
This Conflict Management and Resolution degree from James Cook University offers you the opportunity to advance your career, improve or start your own business, or gain the qualifications to begin a new career in conflict management and resolution. It will enable you to develop the highly-valued skills required to manage conflict and lead innovative and sustainable change in businesses from many sectors.
Here are just a few of the areas you could pursue when you achieve your James Cook University (JCU) Master of Conflict Management and Resolution:
- Leadership roles in health, local government, emergency services, education, construction, logistics, politics, defence, social work and much more - in Australia and around the world
- Your own business or consultancy
- Community development and international peace and security organisations.
- Applied Research Project
- Facilitative Mediation Practice
- Cross-Cultural Conflict Resolution
- Workplace Conflict Management
- Conflict Coaching
- Foundations of Mediation
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesRisk Management Counselling View 43 other Masters in Counselling in Australia
CRICOS code: 096224A
- Completion of an AQF level 7 bachelor degree from this or another university; or
- Other qualifications or practical experience recognised by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Division of Tropical Environments and Societies, as equivalent to the above.
International31200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31200 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.