Marketing is essential for attracting customers to purchase a company's products or services. It helps to create strong, unique brands that will stand out from their competitors in the crowded global marketplace.
Marketing is far more than just selling or advertising – ultimately, it is marketing that decides what products and services an organisation will offer, to which customers, at what price, using which channels.
In first year, of the Marketing programme at the University of Waikato, you'll take part in a Marketing Tradeshow where you'll put theory into practice. In this fun assignment, you'll work in a team to develop an innovative idea for a new product or service based around a theme, such as tourism, board games, chocolate or sports. Your team will conduct customer research and plan a full marketing mix strategy, including product / packaging design, promotion, price and place of distribution. You'll be encouraged to dress up in costumes on the night, with prizes awarded for best stand, best costumes, and best overall product.
- Advertising account executive
- Marketing/sales manager
- Brand and campaign manager
- Content marketing writer
- Digital marketing specialist
- Market researcher
- Business development manager
- Customer relationship manager
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Master of Philosophy is a one year research-based degree in which students undertake a programme of approved and supervised research that leads to a thesis which critically investigates an approved topic of substance and significance, demonstrates expertise in the methods of research and scholarship, displays intellectual independence and makes a substantial original contribution to the subject area concerned, and is of publishable quality.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMarketing Digital Communication Digital Marketing View 5 other Masters in Digital Communication in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Birth certificate, passport and permits
- Evidence of citizenship
- Evidence of any change of name (if your name is different from that on your birth certificate)
- A written statement in support of your application, if applicable
- Evidence of any previous tertiary study
- Proof that you meet the academic entry requirements (Completed International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with a minimum of 24 points)
- A recognised bachelors degree with a B/B+ average, and a B/B+ average in a relevant subject if required.
International20607 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20607 USD per year during 12 months.
National4550 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4550 USD per year during 12 months.
- Domestic: $6,332-$6,763 per year
- International: $28,675 - $37,710 per year
Living costs for Hamilton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.