In our two-year, 60-hour curriculum of project-based thinking, you’ll design, create and explain your work. In other words: You’re the artist, it’s your vision, and it’s up to you to communicate it.
Master of Fine Arts project proposals at Columbus College of Art and Design can be based in painting, drawing, photography, animation, sculpture, video, interactive design, printmaking, illustration, installation, glass, ceramics and design.
As an MFA student, you’ll work with select faculty who provide one-on-one feedback. They will push and challenge you as part of a community that is supportive and rigorous, demanding and compassionate. You’ll meet weekly in the Graduate Seminar for group critiques with your faculty and peers. Our program features small class sizes, accepting only nine to 15 students per year. To gain exposure and insight from industry professionals, you’ll also work with an off-campus mentor or participate in a practicum. The degree concludes with a thesis project, written thesis paper and oral defense.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fine Art: Methods and Media
- Fine Art:Practice
- Fine Art: Studio Enquiry
- Fine Art: Studio Practice
- Fine Art: Studio Residency
- Fine Art: Professional Practice and Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History View 574 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- Academic records (official or unofficial). Educational records from secondary (high) school and college/university, if applicable, must be submitted in English or accompanied by an official English translation. CCAD requires a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Please contact us if your GPA does not meet the minimum requirement and you’d still like to apply. If you are admitted to CCAD, you will need to submit official (signed and sealed) copies of all of your transcripts before you begin classes.
- A photocopy of your current passport photo identification page.
- Proof of English proficiency.
International36500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36500 USD per year during 24 months.
National36500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36500 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Columbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.