Finance at the University of Waikato is focused on money management, investments, banking and credit, the share, bond and commodity markets, and financial analysis and decision making. You'll learn about corporate finance, portfolio selection, capital markets, corporate finance, personal financial planning, and the governance of public and private organisations.
Practical assignments will prepare you for exactly what you'll encounter in your financial career. For example, students get to work on a funds simulation project using real data, and prepare a report on a publicly listed New Zealand or Australian company, while playing the role of a trainee investment analyst.
You may also have an opportunity to do a workplace internship as part of your degree.
- Commercial and investment banker
- Corporate banker
- Corporate finance specialist
- Financial analyst
- Financial manager
- Financial planner
- Merchant banker
- Merger and acquisition specialist
- Treasury specialist
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Econometric Topics: Macroeconomics and Finance
- Applied Econometrics
- Financial Management and Institutions
- International Corporate Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Investments and Financial Markets
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
120 or 180
DisciplinesEconomics Finance View 36 other Masters in Finance in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Birth certificate, passport and permits
- Evidence of citizenship
- Evidence of any change of name (if your name is different from that on your birth certificate)
- A written statement in support of your application, if applicable
- Evidence of any previous tertiary study
- Proof that you meet the academic entry requirements (Completed International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with a minimum of 24 points)
- A recognised bachelors degree with a B/B+ average, and a B/B+ average in a relevant subject if required.
International22212 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22212 USD per year during 12 months.
National5749 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5749 USD per year during 12 months.
- Domestic fees: $7,986 - $11,979 per year - 2021 fees
- International fees: $30,855 (120 points); $46,285 (180 points)
Living costs for Hamilton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.