If you're interested in working alongside farmers and businesses focused on agriculture, then Agribusiness at the University of Waikato will help you build the foundations for a dynamic global career.
Gain an all-round understanding of the agricultural sector, including farm management, soil and nutrient management, rural financial management and banking, and value chain management.
You'll learn about international marketing and sales, technological innovations in agribusiness, the impact of free-trade agreements, and how sustainable farming practices can be used to reduce costs and gain a competitive advantage.
During your studies, you'll also develop broad knowledge and skills in general management, which can be applied to various other sectors.
- Dairy business manager
- Agri-food business adviser
- Nutrient specialist
- Agribusiness entrepreneur
- Government policy adviser
- Rural banking adviser
- International Agribusiness
- Agribusiness Case Studies
- Agribusiness Dissertation
- International Marketing
- Applied Econometrics
- Agribusiness Thesis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
120 or 180
DisciplinesAgribusiness Agriculture View 6 other Masters in Agriculture in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Birth certificate, passport and permits
- Evidence of citizenship
- Evidence of any change of name (if your name is different from that on your birth certificate)
- A written statement in support of your application, if applicable
- Evidence of any previous tertiary study
- Proof that you meet the academic entry requirements (Completed International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with a minimum of 24 points)
- A recognised bachelors degree with a B/B+ average, and a B/B+ average in a relevant subject if required.
International22212 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22212 USD per year during 12 months.
National5749 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5749 USD per year during 12 months.
- Domestic fees: $7,986 - $11,979 per year - 2021 fees
- International fees: $30,855 (120 points); $46,285 (180 points)
Living costs for Hamilton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.