Why to study
With Management Studies - Accounting at the University of Waikato you'll gain the skills you need to become a trusted business adviser and make strategic financial decisions for organisations. A qualification in accounting can lead you into all kinds of industries, such as agribusiness, manufacturing or entertainment.
Accountants can earn attractive salaries and are in demand both in New Zealand and overseas. They often work in high-level management positions where skills in financial control, decision making, legal compliance and leadership are essential.
If you enjoy working with numbers and people, and want to help businesses grow, then accounting may be a good fit for you.
In this subject, you'll learn how to prepare financial records to comply with professional reporting standards, and gain an understanding of commercial and taxation laws that apply to businesses.
- Business analyst
- Business manager/consultant/strategist
- Commercial banking associate
- Commercial director
- Communications advisor
- Environmental sustainability consultant
- General manager
- Human resources manager
- Marketing manager
- Project manager
- Senior analyst - investment team
- Senior credit risk manager
- Senior financial analyst
- Senior policy advisor
- Service manager
- Strategic programme manager
- Supply chain strategy development
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Advanced Financial Reporting
- International Accounting
- Advanced Management Accounting
- Forensic Accounting
- Fundamental Accounting for Decision Making
- Financial Accounting
- Advanced Auditing
- Advanced Taxation
- Financial Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
120 or 180
DisciplinesAccounting View 14 other Masters in Accounting in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Birth certificate, passport and permits
- Evidence of citizenship
- Evidence of any change of name (if your name is different from that on your birth certificate)
- A written statement in support of your application, if applicable
- Evidence of any previous tertiary study
- Proof that you meet the academic entry requirements (Completed International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with a minimum of 24 points)
International19959 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19959 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National5261 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5261 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Domestic fees: 7,896 (120 pts) or $11,844 (180 pts) NZD
- International fees: 29,955 (120 pts); $44,935 (180 points) NZD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.