The role of France in European history and civilization means that Arts - French at the University of Waikato culture has an influence which extends all around the world. Including French in your university studies gives you many advantages:
- If you want to work overseas, knowledge of foreign languages and cultures is a bonus. English is not as universally recognised as you might think, and the ability to communicate in another language makes a big difference.
- If your career plans involve international marketing or hotel management, French is an asset. New Caledonia and French Polynesia are both near neighbours and trading partners, while further afield there are nearly fifty territories where French is an official language.
- If your future lies in the sciences, French will give you access to a huge number of professional journals and contacts in everything from agriculture to physics.
- Hospitality Operator
- International Lawyer
- Tour Guide
- Translator or Interpreter
- Travel Agent
More informationVisit official programme website
- Advanced Methodology of Translation
- A Topic in French Literature: Amelie Nothomb
- Work Placement
- French Thesis
- Special Topic
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
120 - 180
DisciplinesLanguage Studies View 44 other Masters in Language Studies in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Birth certificate, passport and permits
- Evidence of citizenship
- Evidence of any change of name (if your name is different from that on your birth certificate)
- A written statement in support of your application, if applicable
- Evidence of any previous tertiary study
- Proof that you meet the academic entry requirements (Completed International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with a minimum of 24 points)
International20453 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20453 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National4496 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4496 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
- Fees (Domestic): NZD 6,748-8,085
- Fees (International): NZD 30,695-34,930 (120 pts) or 46,045-$52,395 (180 pts)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.